As the satellite extension has been experimental all of it's lifetime,
and it doesn't even compile (at least very easily :) I'd say nuke that
one, and put Universe in the CVS. Also, add a warning to configure
for satellite '--with-satellite' which breaks the configure and
instructs to use '--with-universe' instead and points to the README
in there.

Would this be good time to create that 'old_extensions' module/directory?
And start moving those deprecated extensions there?? And as of 4.1
remove them from the release.

A good thing might be to have one central config.m4 which holds all
the old configure options, and warns people if they use them?

---Jani