ID: 12635
Updated by: jeroen
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Session related
Operating System: ?
PHP Version: 4.0.4
New Comment:

It should, or am I wrong?

the ?-part is of the page-part of it, and the # is for the section.

Doesn't ? go BEFORE the # in HTTP-specs? Can someone verify that, since I 'forgot' the
RFC-nr ;-)

Since PHP is inserting it between, I'm quite sure it should go before, otherwise the
person who wrote it wouldn't have taken the trouble to do so :)

Does your browser have problems with that?

The workaround
  href="/programs/mypage.php#bottom"
does not work, for
  session_id=…
is inserted between mypage.php and #bottom

This works :
  <script language="JavaScript">
    var str1="<a hr";
    var str2="ef";
    document.write(str1+str2+"='#REPLY'>go to bottom</a>");
  </script>
(Writing "href" in one string makes php transform the address)
But when reloading the page with the reload button, the get arguments are added once
again behind the address of the link. The link still works, but the page is reloaded
again !

URL's matching "^#" should be left alone by the transparent session-id-adder, since
they are internal to that page.

Workaround: Write href="/programs/mypage.php#bottom"

When using a session together with an internal link, say :

the resulting url is say :

                  http://www.tre.dds/programs/?session_id=3l344l4j3l#bottom

which directs to :
 http://www.tre.dds/programs