Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Directory function related
Operating System: Win32
PHP Version: 4.0CVS-2001-08-11
New Comment:

Sorry - that last line should read:
*if* you set up
DocumentRoot to point to it.

Just tested with Apache (version 1.3.12) on my NT box, and
it's still ok.

It's a mystery to me what the permissions are on a read
only device, however I would guess that since php is
running in the same security environment, if it is a
security issue, then you might find that Apache can't
serve up files directly from the CD is you set up
DocumentRoot to point to it.

Okay, here's the news:

  <?php echo $dh = opendir('g:/'); ?>

gives

  Resource id #1

when called from command-line with

  php -q opendir.php

but

  Warning: OpenDir: Invalid argument (errno 22)

when invoked through Apache/2.0.24-dev, where PHP is used as CGI.

Could this be a permissions issue after all? But, if so, why did it work some time
ago?

Changing to 'Feedback'.

Just updating with a couple of comments that were emailed
rather than going via the bug tracking system:

Sebastian replied to the last bug posting:
 This is odd. The same binaries still give me with my CD
 and DVD drives
  Warning: OpenDir: Invalid argument (errno 22)
  for
  <?php echo $dh = opendir('g:/'); ?>

To which Michael Loftis replied:
 g:\ is the windows way....  That could be whats
 fudging it.
 Justa  wild guess.

And to which I now reply:

On NT and W2K G:/ is perfectly allright. Sebastian, what
platform are you on (is it different from my NT4/IIS setup
which seems to work ok?)

No, this shouldn't be the case here. The script worked fine until some 2-3 weeks ago.

It's not a permissions problem is it?
I sometimes have troubles with the CD rom drive under win2k, admittedly not from
PHP/IIS but it could be related?

--Wez.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=12699

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=12699&edit=1