string strtoupper(string string [, int start [, int length]])
string strtolower(string string [, int start [, int length]])

The additional parameters would work in much the same fashion as substr().
I've implemented it in the latest cvs just for the hell of it.

Am I the only one who thinks this is even remotely useful? It isn't a big
thing, but it's a lot easier to have this available than to chop up a
string with substr() and then capitalize what you want.

A pretty useless feature, I guess. Obviously, I'm pretty bored right now.