Hi, if anyone has a moment, could you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Along with
the checked out PHP CVS I took today, I also downloaded and compiled the latest
libtool, autoconf, and automake (as recommended) to avoid any difficulty. I
compiled all three tools in /usr (--prefix=/usr). When I tried to compile PHP,
got the following problem:

./aclocal.m4:813: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
./aclocal.m4:359: PHP_SUBST is expanded from...
./aclocal.m4:813: the top level
autoconf: tracing failed

Upon attempting to php-ize the particular module I wanted (ext/pcntl; i didn't
expect this to work):

aclocal: macro `AC_ADD_LIBPATH' defined in acinclude.m4 but never used
aclocal: macro `AC_ADD_LIBRARY_WITH_PATH' defined in acinclude.m4 but never
used
aclocal: macro `AC_ADD_LIBRARY' defined in acinclude.m4 but never used
aclocal: macro `AC_ADD_INCLUDE' defined in acinclude.m4 but never used
./aclocal.m4:813: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
./aclocal.m4:359: PHP_SUBST is expanded from...
./aclocal.m4:813: the top level
./aclocal.m4:813: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
./aclocal.m4:359: PHP_SUBST is expanded from...
./aclocal.m4:813: the top level
autoconf: tracing failed
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.

Running aclocal like it asks produces the following warnings:

--

If any of this makes sense, I'd be grateful for a reply. Cheers.