I don't usually buy into long term visions, because they virtually never
work.  Microsoft changed its vision twice in the last 5 years,
*completely*, from end to end.  Sun (and the other Java followers) have
also changed their Java vision several times during its short lifespan,
also, from end to end.  In reality, where a language goes is strongly
decided by the userbase, and not by the vendors.  In the .NET case it might
work, because Microsoft is one of the only companies that actually stand a
chance at imposing their will on the market, if what they offer is
reasonably good (which .NET is, apparently).

Giving it a try doesn't hurt, though.  I just explained why I liked Blake's
non politically correct statement :)

Zeev

--
Zeev Suraski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>