ID: 12860
Updated by: swm
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Strings related
Operating System: Linux and Win
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

This markup is not XHTML 1.0 compliant, from my readying.
That is, I'm pretty sure <?xml ...> must be the first line
of the document.

This, however, is not the reason why strip_tags is failing.
It is failing because it recognises '<?' (from <?xml ) as
the beginning of PHP code - not xml. This presents problems
with applying strip_tags to xhtml. The reason why this
probably hasn't been picked up is that correct (??) XML
declarations are of the form <?xml ... ?> - which should
not contain anything to be out put anyway.

If you/anyone can show that this is valid we can work
around it (by demoting the PHP strip_tags state to an HTML state).

When I have text exported from MS Word to HTML where is "<?xml:namespace..." (see
$string) and I want strip tags from it, I get text before it only.

example:
<?

$string = <<<EOD
<BODY><P class=MsoNormal><B><U>I am hungry<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /></U></B></P> <P class=MsoNormal>I am
really hungry<o:p></o:p></SPAN></BODY>
EOD;

var_dump(strip_tags($string));

?>