That's nice -- but.. since the manual states that it is "not" a good idea
to use
the alias.. I would think the manual should at the very least, indicate
which is which..

In addition, there is a lot of "duplicates" in the alias list..

To say that it doesn't matter which is which, and then to say "not a good idea"
is sorta silly... After all the whole reason in listing what aliases to
what, is to let
developers no which functions are now obsolete, while still allowing the
older functions
in older scripts to operate..

So, in short, It does matter how it's documented.. if function x was
removed (all together)
and this was documented "backward" or "unclearly" you have a lot scripts
that just quit
functioning.. and this then falls back on those who maintain the documentation.

As a developer, good clear and more importantly "correct" documentation is
important.

Now as for chop and rtrim.. the function definition for chop() indicates
the "exact" opposite

--- according the chop function information "it" is the alias.. while the
appendix states it's the
master ---

For those who have been authoring PHP for sometime, this is no "big deal"..
but for the new user
it becomes important that they know the difference..

Kind Regards

Robert J Sherman
DBA SnR Graphics
827 W 13th St