At 00:23 27-08-01, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
>[Changed subject, I missed this thread until now because of it...]
>
>I assume this difference between 1&2 and 3 is _strictly_ performance, and
>_nothing_ else?

Well, it's also results in shorter code (there were plenty of functions
that used both ELS, CLS, PLS and SLS, so their prototypes looked like ...
ELS_DC CLS_DC PLS_DC SLS_DC, which was a mess).  It's performance and
cleanliness.

>And a note for others: You don't need TSRML* in every function, but you do
>need it if you use:
>- Global variables, like BG(...) & co.

Note that most of the callbacks in the engine and in PHP now accept TSRMLS,
so you don't need to fetch it (including internal functions,
start/shutdown/activation/deactivation, etc.)

Zeev