From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Redhat 6.2
PHP version:      4.0.5
PHP Bug Type:     Filesystem function related
Bug description:  is_file() sends errors to error log

when using the is_file function and a file is not found an error is sent
back to the error log.  I expect this simply to return false in this case.
I am aware of file_exists, however in the manual:

 Returns true if the filename exists and is a regular file.

Therefore I expect this to also be testing for file existence.  I do not
expect debugging output leading me to have to use @is_file and possibly
miss other crucial error output.
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=12972&edit=1