[Walter Franzini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]
> [sorry, my English is bad]
>
> Zeev Suraski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Why?  Whatever extension you use on your box, put them in the php.ini.
> > dl() is never a better option.
> >
> > Zeev
>
> An example not solvable using php.ini:
>
> At SysNet, we access dbms only with odbc_* functions using (for
> different apps on the same server) solid and IBMdb2.
>
> We compile ext/odbc/php_odbc.c as solid.so and ibmdb2.so and load the
> right module using dl ().  Using php.ini is not feasible because this
> lead to multiple function definition.
>
> I think a similar situation may arise with multiple xslt backend, they
> must export the same API but could provide different features (or
> bugs) so you must use xslt1 for app1 and xslt2 for app2.
>
> Please don't drop dl () :-)

Shane Caraveo did some work on the ODBC module to solve this once, by
using macros for all potentially clashing symbols in the ext/odbc
source.  It's not there anymore though, and that's mostly my fault.  I
guess we could go back to that model.

 - Stig

--
  Stig Sæther Bakken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Fast Search & Transfer ASA, Trondheim, Norway