ID: 13141
Updated by: rasmus
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
Operating System: Sun Solaris SunOS 5.8
PHP Version: 4.0.5
New Comment:

Check your php.ini file and turn on register_globals

I managed to solve my own problem by downgrading from PHP version 4.0.5 to version
4.0.3 - which indicates that there must be faulty code in the newer releases.
Something to do with the include () or include_once () commands it seems.

I've also noticed other problems in new versions of PHP - version 4.0.6 for example,
when run on Windows NT with IIS doesn't seem to create variables automatically through
the query string. I can't vouch for it though, because I downgraded and the problem
was solved - but I think it should be investigated or followed up.

[...]

It's difficult to categorize this one. I recently migrated a site from MySQL to
Oracle. Connection works perfectly.

Now every now and then, I get an error such as the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: retrieveformfieldscount() in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/marketingpower.com/live/admin/IMM-create-complete.php on line
47

I refresh the page and the error disappears.

The error never appeared before I migrated to Oracle. It happens randomly, identifying
the first function the script references.

Note - all functions are "include"d at the top using the include () function. But they
seem to "miss" including the files every so often, causing this error.

It also seems to happen when I click on the Back button on my browser and then click
on the original link. Don't know if that makes a difference though...

Thanks

- J