User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Directory function related
Operating System: Linux
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Problem solved.

Clearly not a bug as it can be alleviated by setting the sticky with mkdir([DIR],
01777);

However, unusual as this workaround has not been needed on other systems we use.
Thanks for the quick turnaround.

sticky bit of directory I try to create it in are set are set to '2 joey' as default.
The directory created by PHP sets a sticky bit of '2 httpd' with no permission other
than root.

so you think it's a sticky problem then?

sticky bits set on the directory you try to create it in ?

When adding directories the line

mkdir([DIRNAME]. 0777);

will not create a directory with permissions other than root. Attempted using command
with umask(0000); but made no difference.

PHP is denied permission to set these privileges. How is this fixed?

PHP 4.0.6 was compiled on my Raq3 as an Apache module.