From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Windows 2000
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     *General Issues
Bug description:  mail() function will not connect SMTP server when IIS config w/
php4isapi.dll

I read your www.php.net/bugs-dos-and-donts.php file.  Here is your
information.

Explain the type of information you require to answer this problem, and
explain why this bug is rejected, on what grounds?

Remember, I am providing this information for FREE, you are getting free
pairwise/integration testing.  You should take more than 2 minutes to
evaluate a problem.  Here are your details.....follow this procedure to
replicate.

This is very simple.
1. Windows 2000 server with SP2 running IIS 5.0.
2. There are 2 ways to setup PHP with IIS.
        First way:
        a) IIS manager
        b) Select Website properties
        c) Select Home Directory Tab
        d) Select Configuration
        e) Select Add
        f) Select Executable: c:\php\php.exe (this is where I installed it)
        g) Select Extention: .php
        h) Select "All Verbs" and "Script Engine" check boxes.

        THIS METHOD WORKS CORRECTLY WITH OUR SMTP SERVER AND THE PHP MAIL
FUNCTION
        WE CAN SEND OUT MAIL NO PROBLEM.

        Second way:
        a) IIS manager
        b) Select Website properties
        c) Select Home Directory Tab
        d) Select Configuration
        e) Select Add
        f) Select Executable: c:\php\sapi\php4isapi.dll (this is where I installed
it)
        g) Select Extention: .php
        h) Select "All Verbs" and "Script Engine" check boxes.

        THIS METHOD DOES NOT WORK WITH OUR SMTP SERVER.
        WE CANNOT SEND OUT MAIL NO PROBLEM.

Derek, I suggest you give some more details as to why you rejected this
problem.
How can you determine it is bogus within 2 minutes, please provide your
rational.

--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=13389&edit=1