From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Red Hat Linux 7.1
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Performance problem
Bug description:  ftp functions are sometimes REALLY slow

I lately installed ProFTPD. This is on of the fastest FTP daemons I know.
I've made a site which heavily uses FTP connections to a computer in the
same subnet (100Mbit connection between the two). It's really strange.
Sometimes the ftp functions (especially ftp_nlist and ftp_rawlist) work
fine, sometimes it takes like 5 minutes before the call to the function
ends with an empty array as a result... this is really annoying. I've
searched user submitted notes about this problem, but couldn't find
anything. I don't know if this is a known issue, or maybe it's just a
configuration problem on one of the two involved Linux PC's. What I do know
is when I restart httpd, the slowdown is always over immediately. I DO
close every ftp connection I make!

Please help...
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=13400&edit=1