DB>> My argument is that some functionality similar to a C #ifdef and
DB>> #ifndef is needed.  Neither the include_once() nor the if/endif

Tell me how, for example, Java or Perl programmers manage to live without
ifdefs.

DB>> I already pointed out why include_once() is bad.  You place the
DB>> responsiblity of knowing the inner workings of function libraries on the
DB>> user themselves and not the library.  This is poor programming.

No, not at all. If you talk about library, the only thing user should do
is package_load("Library") whenever he needs it. See my package proposal.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.115