ID: 7747
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Performance problem
Operating System: FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE Apache 1.3.1
PHP Version: 4.0.3pl1
New Comment:

Does this happen with PHP 4.0.6 ?

I use a small script grabbed from fopen to get a ftp file since fopen is buggy when
dealing with ftp:// urls with encoded path name (ie using abc%20def for example).

                $datei = fsockopen("localhost", 3128, &$errno, &$errstr);
                if( !$datei )
                {
                        echo "proxy not available !";
                        fclose($resultfile);
                        exit();
                }
                else
                {
                        fputs($datei,"GET $url HTTP/1.0\n\n");
                        set_time_limit(0);
                        fpassthru($datei);
                }

The result is that as fpassthru sends the info from socket the mem usage grows
dangerously and so does the CPU usage (up to 75% of CPU on a P100 after sending 4
Megs). Doing a "while" with a "print fgets" is even worth (but that sounds logical at
least). Another "interesting" behavior of this, is that when I don't add a
set_time_limit, the httpd child which delivers the info is killed with a signal 11
after 2-3 minutes and 40-45 sec. of CPU time, even though my default time-limit is
30sec.

That's all I see for now.