Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: *General Issues
Operating System: Linux
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
New Comment:

ok, blame RedHat :(

you may get an updated RPM from RedHat
(although the one we tried introduced a new
 problem regarding gethostbyname() lookups)

put i'd recomend to get the sources and
compile PHP yourself, using the exact configure
line as you see in the phpinfo() output
(at the top)

Wow, that was a really neat trick! Check it out:

http://www.honors.uci.edu/phpinfo.php

Gabe

A good start is a script which only contains this:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Make that script available to us (or just only the HTML-output of it). Do NOT post it
here, but upload it somewhere. If you don't know how to do that, mail it to me
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and I'll put it online somewhere.

I didn't set up the Linux box, it's red hat, but I'm not sure what version or how PHP
was set up. How can I find out (read, Linux newbie).

are you using original RedHat 7 RPMs ?

<form method=post enctype=multipart/form-data action=$PHP_SELF>
<input type=hidden name=step value=one>
<input type=submit name=submit value=Submit>
</form>

echo "'".$step."'"; # yields:
'
one'