Heyah.

Sorry t' be botherin' ye, but I have some major weirdness going on, and it's
not so substantial as to call it a bug, so I thought to threw the issue at yer
feet and see what you (the knowledgable types) have to say about it.

The application I'll be referring to is running with PHP 4.0.6 as a dynamic
Apache module with Apache 1.3.20 and Linux 2.2.12 (I know, it's ancient).

I have reason to suspect that somehow, before the actual script gets processed,
PHP races through sections of code, in which it has nothing to do in the first
place, not outputting anything, which makes debugging quite difficult, but
executing the code nonetheless.

What!? you say. That's quite a claim. Well, what happens is that after a
certain form post, TWO messages appear in the MySQL database. These DB actions
_always_ happen within the same DB class and within the same function. A few
lines with echo's only output stuff ONCE to the database.

I am SURE that this function is called only once. Further more, one of the DB
fields is 100, where it should be 8, which the first database message has. This
value is used in only ONE script, which should not be included and DOES NOT get
included when submitting that form. That same script has numerous echo's, which
do NOT put anything on the screen, but changes in that script (such as
commenting out the call to the DB class that will insert the second message)
WILL "fix" it, that is, only one message will appear in the DB.

If you understand my story, fire away with your criticism. I do have plenty of
experience developing with PHP, but this just does not compute. I am convinced
I can counter every rational response you provide. :) So that leaves: a bug in
PHP?

--
Ivo van Heel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]