Updated by: derick
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Output Control
Operating System: RedHat 7.2
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

As soon as we think it's ready.

Yes, snapshot php4-200110301200 fixed this problem.  When will the next stable release
come out?

Does this happen with latest CVS snapshot from
http://snaps.php.net/ ?

Almost forgot, I also get this in my Apache error_log:

[Tue Oct 30 15:36:56 2001] [notice] child pid 4831 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Changed the bug type, OS, and Summary.

After unsuccessfully trying to get a backtrace (got a Segmentation Fault and "Document
contains no data", but could not generate a core file nor force a crash on httpd in
gdb), I have concluded that this has to do with the
--enable-trans-sid option AND ob_end_flush() on PHP 4.0.6.  When I compile PHP WITHOUT
the --enable-trans-sid, I have no problems (except I need the trans-sid for my
sessions).  But when I recompile PHP WITH --enable-trans-sid, I get the Segmentation
Fault and "Document contains no data" errors.

I think this is related to Bug# 12180. Again, the code (see above) did not change from
PHP 4.0.4pl1 to PHP 4.0.6, but the result of execution did.

Note:  The function sessionResume() simply checks if a session exists for the user and
continues it if it does or starts a new one if it doesn't.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=12952

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=12952&edit=1