ID: 13938
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
Operating System: WinNT 4.0
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

Ok, Gotchya.  If it would help at all, I can change to Unix style with Homesite and
let you know if the line is correctly identified.

Also, I'm very suprised that this has not been reported previously.  4.0.6 has been
out for awhile, and I'm sure there must be some other Windows PHP users out there.  Is
there any way that this has anything to do with the ISAPI dll I'm using vs cgi, or
possibly the obscure web server software I'm using?  I'm using a web server called
Sambar Server (www.sambar.com), which is not widely used.

I just figure somebody else would be complaining about this if it happened under IIS.

I didn't say it wasn't a bug, I was trying to track down the problem.

Changed summary.
(the *nix php version handles winnewlines correctly)

Yes, I am using Windows, and the Windows convention is CR+LF, while I guess the Unix
convention is LF only.  However, the Windows version of PHP should understand the
difference, in fact version 4.0.4pl1 worked fine.  I still consider this a bug.  You
are correct, the error in the script I was working on earlier this morning was very
close to line 919.

You don't happen to use Windows newlines (I see your OS is windows)?

Not that that _should_ matter, but it can be the source of the problem. Try to convert
to unix newlines. I notice that with (n+1)/2 you get the actual line the error is on.
In the long file, doesn't the error occur on line 919 by coincidence?

I should have said there are no EXTRA newlines.  Of course there are newlines in the
script :)

There are absolutely no newlines.  In fact, at this very moment I am making changes to
a web application, and am getting a parse error on line 1837 of a script which has
only 1148 lines.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=13938

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=13938&edit=1