ID: 13636
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Recode related
Operating System: FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

There is something wrong with your install of recode
libraries and this is not support forum for FreeBSD so
ask them for help on this part. PHP's configure can not
do anything if your system is broken.

Ok, I tried it this way:
I removed the libraries as requested and tried to configure php again -> same error
like before

Then I tried to compile recode from source (this time without the ports patches)
again, but it failed. Then used the ports directory to recompile recode successfully.
Then I configured php again -> same error.

BTW: the librarues are librecode.so and librecode.so.3, not librecode.so.2.
I also tried to make a symbolic link to the library with the suffix '2', but no
success...

Seems like there is something wrong with the shared lib.
Try removing those librecode.so and librecode.so.2 files
and try to configure PHP again.

--Jani

ldd librecode.so says:

librecode.so:
ldd: librecode.so: Exec format error
librecode.so: exit status 1

recode is version 3.6 compiled from the FreeBSD ports directory.

Using recode from the command line works properly.

Meanwhile I updated the OS to FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE.

What does 'ldd librecode.so' output?
What version of recode is this?
How was it compiled?

--Jani

config.log says:

[...]
configure:44401: checking for recode support
configure:44483: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -DSUPPORT_UTF8  -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c
-lgd -lcrypt -lm  -lrecode 1>&5
/usr/local/lib/librecode.so: undefined reference to `error'
configure: failed program was:
#line 44472 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

char *program_name;