ID: 12740
Updated by: venaas
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: LDAP related
Operating System: Linux RH 7.1
PHP Version: 4.0.5
New Comment:

The problem turned out to be that the syntax for the
attribute was IA5, thus not allowing non-ASCII. We
should see if we can report more precise error messages
that includes which attribute was the problem.

Okay, does the ldap server support ldap v3?
If so, you should propably try to add this:

ldap_set_option($ds, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3)

--Jani

What would the locale setting change? According to the docs, PHP have a UTF8 internal
reprsentation of data...

// Here is a function to translate all values of a multi-dimensional array to UTF8

function encoder ($array)
{
  while ( list ($key, $val) = each ($array) )
  {
    if (!is_array($val))
      $array[$key] = utf8_encode($val);
    else $array[$key] = encoder ($val);
  }
  return $array;
}

//Here is a call where
// - $conn_id is a valid connection ID
// - $dn is the dn of the object to add
// - $array is the array containing the values of the attributes indexed by name

$array = encoder($arr);
ldap_add($conn_id, $dn, $array);

// this call fails
// - if $array contains a special char (e.g å, ø...) , thus returning SYNTAX ERROR
// - if $dn contains a special char (e.g å, ø...) , thus returning No Such Object

I can't reprocude this with my test scripts. If this still
happens with PHP 4.0.6, reopen. Check also your locale settings.

Please include a short example script in this report.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=12740

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=12740&edit=1