Hello list,

It's fairly easy to fix this problem, by just estrdupping the keys before
passing them on onto "php_register_variabele"
(sapi/apachi/mod_php4.c:253). The problem is however where to free this
estrdupped keys again. Can somebody with some deep knowlegde of the SAPI
code look in into this?

Derick

On 7 Nov 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Previous Comments:
>
> [2001-11-07 01:56:30] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I don't think that FAQ solves that problem.
> Look at the source code of Apache server. There
> are several tests of the variable "force-response-1.0"
> there. The problem is not that php code variable
> is $force-response-1_0, that's OK, but the real
> problem is that apache variable name in r->subprocess_env
> is changed too. That's side effect and not pleasent.

> [2001-11-06 16:30:56] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> This is mentioned in http://uk.php.net/manual/en/faq.html.php#AEN63677 . Impossible
>to find if you don't know where to find it. So changing this to a documentation
>problem.
>
> (the issue is that invalid characters in incoming variable names, like dots, are
>converted to underscores. This happens with any incoming variable name, be it GET,
>POST, ENV, or whatever.)
>
> Changed subject

> [2001-11-06 16:09:30] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Apache module mod_setenvif sets variables in
> r->subprocess_env. If variable name contains character ".", then
>mod_php4.c/sapi_apache_register_server_variables() will
> replace it with "_". This breaks internal
> variables like force-response-1.0 (php changes it to
> force-response-1_0).
>
> Solution: the key in the php_register_variable() call
> should be a copy of the real key.

Derick Rethans

        PHP: Scripting the Web - www.php.net - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             SRM: Site Resource Manager - www.vl-srm.net