From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Red Hat 7.2
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Apache related
Bug description:  RPM Installation, PHP not working, no modules in /etc/httpd/modules?!

PHP with MySQL support should have been installed by the Red Hat installer
when I installed the OS, at least I selected those packages, but PHP pages
are not being processed.

I checked the FAQ and it said to make sure all the PHP add and load module
directives were there and uncommented. Well, they are, but they're all
within <IfDefine HAVE_PHP> sections, and the modules they point to (i.e.
mod_php.so, mod_php.c) are not in /etc/httpd/modules nor any place else on
my system. That must be the source of the problem, but why wouldn't those
modules have been copied to the system?

So, I've tried building from the source per the INSTALL document, but after
I try to ./configure I get...

checking lex output file root... ./configure: lex: command not found
configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up

What's lex? What's going on? Thanks.
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=14103&edit=1