Old Status: Open
Bug Type: GD related
Operating System: Slackware 8
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

I say don't use Beta Software.
GD-2.0.1 are beta and buggy.
It's not a PHP Problem. Use GD-1.8.4.

Looks like im getting the same problem to Jeremy BUG-ID 13197.

<?php
$fontsize=11;
$angle=0;
$fontfile="./pub/fonts/ARIAL.TTF";

$image = ImageCreateTrueColor(300, 16);

$first=@imagecreatefromPNG("./pub/menuimg/$im1.png");

$white = imageColorAllocate($image, 255, 255, 255);
$black = imageColorAllocate($image, 0, 0, 0);

imageCopyResized($image,$first,1,0,0,0,ImageSX($first),ImageSY($first),ImageSX($first),ImageSY($first));

imagettftext($image, $fontsize, $angle, 23, 11, $black,    $fontfile, "Main Page");

Header( "Content-type: image/png");
imagePNG($image);

ImageDestroy ($image);
?>

Can you post a sample script? You might be doing something wrong...

I am using:
GD-2.0.1
FREETYPE-1.3.1

When I use the ImageCreate then the imageTTFtext works, streaming the image to the
screen. If I use imageCreateTrueColor then the browse says "document contains no data".

Luke, what do you mean by it doesn't work?  There is a known problem with
anti-aliasing of ttf fonts on truecolor images in gd-2.0.1, but apart from looking
rather crappy, it does work.

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14116

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14116&edit=1