ID: 14196
Updated by: mfischer
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: PostgreSQL related
Operating System: Redhat 6.2
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

an you try with latest RC and see if it works

http://www.php.net/~zeev/php-4.1.0RC3.tar.gz

Feedback.

Write something which makes an explicit commit before disconnecting from postgres, but
do not make any transactions. A notice is going to appear in the postgresql log saying
that a commit without transactions is made and the same notice is going to appear in
the apache error log as well. The problem is that 5 times out of 10 Apache is also
going to segfault. We had this kind of "commit if no sql_error was recognized" in our
system and noticed the segfaults in the apache log. We removed the commit and all the
segfaults are gone from then on.

Postgresql 7.1.3. and PHP4.0.6.

 './configure' '--with-oci8' '--with-apache=/coca/install/apache_1.3.22/'
'--enable-sigchild' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-mysql'
'--with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql'