Tobias Schenck wrote:

> actually not just news leaked out:
>
> I found a download-link on one of the german php-related sites and
> downloaded php-4.1.0.tar.gz (around 27th 9:43 GMT).
> Short time after the announcement just disappeared. I don't know about the
> traffic on php-center.de or phpwelt.de (was on one of the sites) but quite a
> couple of people not tracking php.dev might have downloaded it.
>
> From the sight of marketing I would favor 4.1.1 but I'm neither a developer
> nor on the QA-team.

yes, lets follow the apache scheme of skiping version numbers for
versions that might have slipped out ahead of time, even if not as
obvious as in this case, just to make sure to prevent any chance of
confusion, as we have nothing to loose by starting the 4.1 series
with a 4.1.1 and one additional sentence in the announcement

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.six.de  +49-711-99091-77