From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system:
PHP version:      4.1.0
PHP Bug Type:     Feature/Change Request
Bug description:  Need a something to pass to use default function values

I would like a way to pass something into a function and have it use the
default values.

For eg., if I have the function
function test( $value, $value1=1, $value2=2 )

and I call it like test( "value", "", "2" ) I think it should use 1 for
$value1.  It currently does not, but I'd like to be able to pass something
in to make it use the default value, like:
test( "value", NULL, "2" )
I know you can rewrite the function to test for $value1="", but I'd rather
not do that.
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=14306&edit=1