On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 12:50:53PM +0200, Zeev Suraski wrote :
> Does it work with 4.0.6?  If it behaves the same, it's not a
> showstopper.  Basically, 4.1.0 comes out based on RC5 unless we find things
> that
> (a) Break things that used to work in a previous version, for a potentially
> large number of people, or

    Who defines 'large' ? :-) j/k

    There is still this issue that when using
    error_reporting(E_ALL) following good outputs nothing under
    4.0.6:

    $foo = ''; echo $foo[2];

    but warns in >4.0.6

    $foo = ''; echo $foo[2];
    -(1) : Warning - Uninitialized string offset:  2

    Plus, you can't suppress this warning then:

    $ php -q
    <? error_reporting(E_ALL); $foo = ''; echo @$foo[2];?>
    -(1) : Warning - Uninitialized string offset:  2

    Also see http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=14066&edit=1

    - Markus