Yes, Xitami is free, open source, multi-platform. You can get it here:
http://www.imatix.com/html/xitami/index.htm

        One of the PHP downloads for Win32 even configures Xitami automatically for
PHP. So, I guess it is "supported" by the PHP team ?

        Anyway, I am running Xitami as a service under Windows 2000. I believe the
download URL is http://users.skynet.be/sky37432/bs3225b4.exe (off
http://www.imatix.com/html/xitami/index2.htm#download )

        In PHP, I've only seen the crash in this module. But I've seen another cgi
crash, trying to make http://www.namazu.org/ work with Xitami. When I run
the cgi behind Xitami, I get this in the log:

abnormal program termination
Assertion failed: 0, file cgi.c, line 240

        but when I run the program from the command prompt, it runs ok. So, in some
sense it is a similar problem.

        I have a wild theory that maybe when the program runs behind Xitami it
can't allocate enough RAM maybe ? Maybe the code in these programs do not
check malloc results or something, not sure.

        I am about to join the Xitami mailing list to see what I can find out.
Maybe the crashes are related, maybe not :-(

        thanks for answering !

marcio