ID: 14364
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Session related
Operating System: FreeBSD 4.2
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

Ok, it looks like I have everything resolved.  In the previous version of PHP (4.0.5)
I was able to clear out a session variable by just using the unset() function.  Now
with the new CVS it appears that I have to session_unregister() and unset() the
session variable to clear it out.

Thank you for your support!

Feedback.

Please provide a short, reproduceable copy&paste sample.

I did check again and you are right, the lines of code you posted are in the version I
installed.  However, I am still having the issues with the session.  I have tested it
several times and when I try unsetting session variables and unregistering session
variables it still doesn't work.  Let me know what I need to do to help get this
resolved.  I truely appreciate the help

It is certainly in the php 4.2.0 cvs tree, as I just downloaded it here.
with the instructions on that site, you should have the correct version too (with the
fix).
Can you please check again of lines 169-173 in php4/ext/session/php_session.h have
these lines of codE:

#define PS_DEL_VARL(name,namelen)                                           \
    zend_hash_del(&PS(vars), name, namelen+1);                              \
    if (PS(http_session_vars)) {                                            \
        zend_hash_del(Z_ARRVAL_P(PS(http_session_vars)), name, namelen+1);  \
    }

regards,
Derick

Those lines are not in my /ext/session/php_session.h

I installed the CVS version this afternoon.  I followed the instruction on php.net's
site:

http://www.php.net/anoncvs.php

I did it from a new dir, so the tree is fresh.  I was also running php4.1 rc5 prior to
the upgrade and now after the upgrade I am running php4.2 which is the cvs version I
got today.  Where should I get the CVS version that has the fix?  Or can I just add
the lines in that you posted to the source to get it to work correctly?  What do you
recommend?

Are you sure you did that after the fix?

file /ext/session/php_session.h should include this (around line 168):

#define PS_DEL_VARL(name,namelen)                                          \
   zend_hash_del(&PS(vars), name, namelen+1);                   \
   if (PS(http_session_vars)) {                                            \
       zend_hash_del(Z_ARRVAL_P(PS(http_session_vars)), name, namelen+1);  \
   }

Does it do that, and did you rebuild from a fresh tree?

Derick

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14364

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14364&edit=1