ID: 12203
Updated by: yohgaki
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
Operating System: Red Hat 7.1
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
New Comment:

On my linux with 4.1.0, __FILE__ has always actual /path/to/file. (i.e. not  pathname
of sym link, but pathname linked to) It does not ommit path, though.

I think __FILE__ should have pathname for sym link instead of pathname  linked to...

Is this correct behavior? Anyone?

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, or what the correct result should be, but...

Related to bug #6636, require_once() and include_once() used on a soft link will
result in the __FILE__ constant containing only the filename of the link, whereas
include() and require() will result in __FILE__ containing the full path and filename
of the linked file.

ln -s /path/to/file.php /path/to/link.php

CASE ONE:
require_once('/path/to/link.php');

// returns 'link.php'
echo __FILE__;