Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
Operating System: LINUX
PHP Version: 4.0.5
New Comment:

Cannot reproduce with 4.1.0.
Do you still have problem with 4.1.0?

hmmm.. didn't catch this in the include() notes or docs:
PHP 4.0.5 doesn't seem to process an include() file
correctly if the file has comments on the first line after
the "<?"

took me a while to try it without the comments but my
function only worked when I did. the include file looked
like this:

<?
//some comments on first line

function null_zero_val($zero_val) {
if ($zero_val == '0') {
$zero_val = '';
return $zero_val;
}
else {
return $zero_val;
}
}

?>

before I took the comments out all the code was returned in
the web browser as text without line breaks and an error
was generated saying call to undefined function