ID: 14452
Updated by: sniper
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: *Configuration Issues
Operating System: Linux
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

How exactly did you configure/compile/install Mysql ?
And what linux distribution is this ?

--Jani

I deleted the libmysqlclient.la file from /usr/lib/mysql
and tried re-compiling, but still got the same error.

I guess you're getting the libtool bug I noticed myself too.
Try deleting the .la file.

--Jani

I have configured PHP with the following options:

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-mysql=/usr

/usr/lib/mysql contains libmyclient.a and libmyclient.sa.
Configuration and make goes fine, though I get the
following warning:

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided
by /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.la.
*** I have the capability to make that library
automatically link in when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if
you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear
to have.

Install goes fine, but when I restart Apache ( 1.3.3 ), I
get the following error:

Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server: /usr/
lib/apache/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: mysql_free_result

PHP 4.0.6 compiled from source and ran with no such
problems.