PHP Version: 4.1.0
Assigned To: vlad
New Comment:

What was your configure line?

Derick

Vlad,

I am getting this error now:

Making all in pspell
/bin/sh /usr/local/php/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc  -I.
-I/usr/local/php/ext/pspell -I/
usr/local/php/main -I/usr/local/php -I/usr/local/apache/include -I/usr/local/php/Zend
-I/usr/lo
cal/php/ext/mysql/libmysql -I/usr/local/include/pspell -I/usr/local/php/ext/xml/expat
-DUSE_EX
PAT -I/usr/local/php/TSRM -g -O2 -prefer-pic  -c pspell.c
pspell.c:39: pspell/pspell.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/php/ext/pspell.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/php/ext/pspell.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/php/ext.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/php.

Is this an operator error or is it looking into "php/pspell/" for the "pspell.h"?

Let me know if this is not a bug and I will go for support lists instead.

Thanks,

Believe it or not, you've got a *very* old version of pspell somehow. I'd most
certainly say that this is not 4.1.0 version of php :( If you look at the pspell.c you
sent me on line 19 you'll see:

/* $Id: pspell.c,v 1.12 2000/10/25 17:43:59 andrei Exp $ */

However, the version I downloaded yesterday has this:
/* $Id: pspell.c,v 1.20.2.1 2001/10/11 23:51:57 ssb Exp $ */

Notice the difference? Your version is a year older than the one in the 4.1.0 package.
I'd suggest you re-download php-4.1.0:
http://www.php.net/downloads.php

or, if you really don't want to do that, get the latest pspell files from CVS:
http://cvs.php.net/cvs.php/php4/ext/pspell
and recompile. That should take care of all those problems.

Have a great day!:)

...closing...

I emailed the file to you. It will be coming from my work address.

I am positive that it is 4.1.0. Released DEC. 10, 2001.

Also, I forgot to mention. It is looking for pspell inside of the location where I
running the "make" for php. I installed pspell and aspell inside of the PHP directive
and the make went fine but when I test any of the pspell functions it is saying that
they are undefined.

Thanks,

actually, I might take my last statement back. Looks like that problem has been long
since fixed.

>From the line numbers I see in your bug report, it looks like you are using a very
>old revision of the pspell.c file - 1.12 or earlier (25 Oct 2000 or prior); the one
>shipped with php4.1.0 is 1.20.2.1.

Excuse me if I ask a dumb question, but are you *really* sure you are using php 4.1.0?
If so, could you email me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) your copy of ext/pspell/pspell.c file?

Thanks

changing status back to feedback...

So much for collaborative efforts between two great ventures. I will go ahead and
downgrade to an older version.

Thanks for your time Vlad!

Happy holidays to you and the PHP community...

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14429

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14429&edit=1