Bug Type: *Configuration Issues
Operating System: BSD/OS 4.x
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

Ok,

you can rule that out.
Compiles outof the box.
Build php4-200112140600.

Please try the latest CVS snapshot with this configure line:

--with-apxs=/apache/bin/apxs  --without-mysql --disable-pear --disable-xml
--disable-session --enable-debug

As I first want to rule out any extension being the reason for the
segfault.

--Jani

<needcoffee>oops - sorry about the double posts - I'm not quite awake yet - can you
delete that?</needcoffee>

Indeed I compiled the snapshot from 11120600 and that compiled outof the box - same
problem though - core dumps and httpd won't start up.

Independant of that - HAVE_RES_SEARCH is still not recognized correctly in both
buildtypes.

And it's there again, version 4.1.0:

mdev@server6 ~/_src/php-4.1.0
$ type make
make is hashed (/home/mdev/local/bin/make)

mdev@server6 ~/_src/php-4.1.0
$ echo $MAKE
/home/mdev/local/bin/make

mdev@server6 ~/_src/php-4.1.0
$ make
Makefile:34: *** missing separator.  Stop.

mdev@server6 ~/_src/php-4.1.0
$ grep 'HAVE_RES_SEARCH' ./main/php_config.h
/* #undef HAVE_RES_SEARCH */

By the way - the issue with shared libs didn't apply. I did rm -rf /php/lib before I
did anything else and php.ini didn't load anything it shouldn't be able to find,
judging from ls and ldd.

But can you ellaborate on the issues above?

You said before that snapshots have always worked just fine.
Is this still the case? Does the latest CVS snapshot work for you?
(there might be some problems in creating the releases..)

--Jani

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14048

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14048&edit=1