Updated by: sander
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Session related
Operating System: Windows 98
PHP Version: 4.0 Beta 4 Patch Level 1
New Comment:

No feedback. Closing.

Is this still the behaviour of the latest RC?

http://phpuk.org/~james/php-4.1.0RC3-win32.zip

Feedback.

Verified on WIn 2k IIS 5, ISAPI dll.

Jani & I checked this was the case on my system too. we think it appears to be
releated to atime and ulink (We think..)

James

User feedback:
--------------

1) "session.gc_maxlifetime" does not work - I set this to 60 sec, but I can read
values from the session even this time was expired. (I start the session and then I
wait
more than 60 sec before I will call other script)

2) When I set "session.gc_probability = 100"  in PHP.INI, ALL other session files are
deleted (only one session can be used at the time - if are connected 2 clients to
server, the second client owerwrites or deletes session of the first client, etc.).
This bug is maybe related to "session.gc_maxlifetime" bug.
---------------

I tried this myself on Linux -> Works as expected.
But as I don't have any Windows to test this on,
I just have to trust the user that this isn't working..

User tested with php4.0.4-dev-win32-20001123

Could someone using Windows try and check this out??

--Jani

You have only misunderstood the meanings:

session.gc_maxlifetime -> Max lifetime of data. After
this time has elapsed data is considered being garbage.

session.gc_probability -> Percentual propability for
garbage cleaning to be executed.

100% probability happens always.. 1% happens less often.

--Jani

I tested PHP version php4.0.4-dev-win32-20001022 with my sample scripts and there is
my results:

Corrected bugs:

1) Session_Destroy() functions works fine. Session files are successfully deleted from
Temp directory.
2) When "session.use_trans_sid = 1", SID is attached only to A HREF, FORMS, etc tags
and is not attached to IMG tags. It's OK.

Open bugs:

1) "session.gc_maxlifetime" does not work - I set this to 60 sec, but I can read
values from the session even this time was expired. (I start the session and then I
wait more than 60 sec before I will call other script)

2) When I set "session.gc_probability = 100"  in PHP.INI, ALL other session files are
deleted (only one session can be used at the time - if are connected 2 clients to
server, the second client owerwrites or deletes session of the first client, etc.).
This bug is maybe related to "session.gc_maxlifetime" bug.

------------------------

Tested OS: W2K server with SP1
Web server: Apache 3.1.12
PHP: php4.0.4-dev-win32-20001022 (CGI)

Session settings in my PHP.INI
---------------------------------------
[Session]
session.save_handler      = files   ; handler used to store/retrieve data
session.save_path         = C:/WINNT/Temp    ; argument passed to save_handler
                                    ; in the case of files, this is the
                                    ; path where data files are stored
session.use_cookies       = 0       ; whether to use cookies
session.name              = PHPSESSID
                                    ; name of the session
                                    ; is used as cookie name
session.auto_start        = 0       ; initialize session on request startup
session.cookie_lifetime   = 0       ; lifetime in seconds of cookie
                                    ; or if 0, until browser is restarted
session.cookie_path       = /       ; the path the cookie is valid for
session.cookie_domain     =         ; the domain the cookie is valid for
session.serialize_handler = php     ; handler used to serialize data
                                    ; php is the standard serializer of PHP
session.gc_probability    = 100       ; percentual probability that the
                                    ; 'garbage collection' process is started
                                    ; on every session initialization
session.gc_maxlifetime    = 60    ; after this number of seconds, stored
                                    ; data will be seen as 'garbage' and
                                    ; cleaned up by the gc process
session.referer_check     =         ; check HTTP Referer to invalidate
                                    ; externally stored URLs containing ids
session.entropy_length    = 0       ; how many bytes to read from the file
session.entropy_file      =         ; specified here to create the session id
; session.entropy_length    = 16
; session.entropy_file      = /dev/urandom
session.cache_limiter     = nocache ; set to {nocache,private,public} to
                                    ; determine HTTP caching aspects
session.cache_expire      = 180     ; document expires after n minutes
session.use_trans_sid     = 0       ; use transient sid support if enabled
                                    ; by compiling with --enable-trans-sid
url_rewriter.tags         = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=fakeentry"

Sorry for my bad English :-)

-- Kori

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=3793

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=3793&edit=1