ID: 14518
Updated by: cmk
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Closed
Bug Type: Session related
Operating System: LInux 2.4.16 (RH7.2 based)
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

Checked with the code you provided and still can not reproduce this.

Found the reason:

the cvs-version doesn't seem to support or even care about --enable-trans-sid  where
the 4.1.0 needs/uses the switch. I had a typo ( same as in the summary, dropped the s
for in --enable-trans-sid ) in my config.nice-file i used to compile  all my
php-versions with.

Strange thing though is, that the phpinfo() stills shows the trans-sid to be
enabled... Reading the note in the php.ini make this a little bit more clear:

; use transient sid support if enabled by compiling with --enable-trans-sid.

the keyword here is "if"... I dunno if that is changed in cvs but it defintivly
should, since is not very consitent ( at least to me..)

Sorry for all the trouble..  Recompiling 4.1.0 with a correct "--enable-trans-sid"
seems to have fixed my problems.

I developed my stuff using the cvs-version and downgraded my workstation to 4.1.0
Release-Version to verify my code will be working on the live server...
[ glad, i did that though ;-) ]

To simplify and verify that it's not a stupid bug in my code, i did a simple testcode
that works fine on my 4.2.0-dev system, but doesn't work on any 4.1.0 i tried it with.

You can have a look for yourself:

 http://sugar.freepoint.de/session/

the index.php ( source as index.phps ) will start a session and setup one simple var
with a value.

The link displayed should have a SESSION-ID as a parameter since php is not configured
to use cookies ( verify by /session/info.php ) and to use trans-id's.

The logical result is that following the link will not have a session thus no value (
page2.php / page2.phps )

Again this code works with cvs on my workstation - my code beeing unchanged. Due to
the use of $_SESSION it won't work with older versions of course..

theseer, do you use ob_end_*() in your script?
Could you add more details?

-- Yasuo

I can not reproduce this with 4.1.0

Can anybody else reproduce this on *4.1.0*?

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=14518

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14518&edit=1