Bug Type: Sockets related
Operating System: Windows 2000
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

Hm in my last example there should be
--
$cnt = 0;
do {
$row = socket_read($irc, 1027, PHP_BINARY_READ);
$cnt .= strlen($row);
if (strlen($row) < 1027) break;
}
echo "$cnt bytes read";
--

of course, not 1028 :)

I call socket_read() like this:

$data = socket_read($handle, 80, PHP_BINARY_READ);
and get 80 byte back. i made a loop to continue read until strlen($data) < 80 (just
experimenting):
--
$cnt = 0;
do {

if i call socket_read() with 2048 as size, i also only get 1027 bytes back

So i worked around this in my example loop like this:

$cnt = 0;
do {
$row = socket_read($irc, 1028, PHP_BINARY_READ);
$cnt .= strlen($row);
if (strlen($row) < 1028) break;
}
echo "$cnt bytes read";

Wich works, and reads everything for me. But is this really the expected behaviour?