ID: 14409
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Apache related
Operating System: IRIX64 vega 6.5 04191225 IP27
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

To clarify the comment about IIS, PHP is installed as a CGI (php.exe) on that server.

To reproduce, enter a bogus filename in a browser.  For example,
http://www.teamITS.com/blahblah.php.  The server returns an Internal Server Error
rather than a 404 (page not found) error.  I reported this to Apache and their
response was:

"This is the way the appropriate directives work on purpose (although you didn't say
just how you had PHP configured to run), since it is possible to create a virtual URL
space.  The PHP module is the one deciding how to handle requests for nonexisting
files."

Their issue number was mod_cgi/8683 (as PHP is installed as a CGI module on this
server).  Sounds to me like they are saying PHP should be returning an error to
Apache.  If you want more info on the PHP setup on our server, browse to:
http://www.teamits.com/phpinfo.php

Note that a PHP/IIS4 combination does return a 404 error.