Martin Jansen wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:58:10 +0900, Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
>

>>You missed issues here....
>>

>>1) It highly depends on Session module.
>>

> I don't see a problem here. The developer has to take care
> that session is available when he wants to use your module.
> That's what dependencies are for :-).

Placing modules which have its parent is a cause of "Undefined
symbol error" as I mentioned in other mail.

If someone volanteer for answering all the bug reports like
"Hey, PHP don't run my scripts with 'Undefined symbol', why?"
I don't have problem :)

BTW, technically, it is possible not to raise undefined symbol
error even if child modules are in PECL. It's not clean way.
IMHO.

>>2) It does not work as standalone module at all.
>>

> Note this down in the documentation and you are done.

If module is gracefully raise error, it is acceptable.

>>3) It will fail to load with undefined symbol when PHP is
>>   compiled with --disable-session.
>>

> See my answer for 2)

Same :)

>>3) It does not provide any function to users.
>>

> I can't see a reason here that is speaking against integrating
> your module in PECL.

It's ok to me also for this reason ;)

>>4) Where document should be?
>>

> See my reply to your first mail.

Will do.

>>5) How to handle include files required for session save
>>   handler module?
>>

> I can't really answer that question since I'm not familiar
> enough with PHP's internals.

Ok. The issue is decent code management. Well designed software
should not raise "undefined symbol" error with usual installation.
IMHO. I also think source code shouldn't be a messy :)

--
Yasuo Ohgaki