ID: 14633
Updated by: mfischer
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Unknown/Other Function
Operating System: Slackware Linux 8.0 on L2.4.16
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

Duplicate of #14623

We recently upgraded to PHP4.1.0, and found that our jobs listing page at Human
Resources no longer listed the jobs.  After examining the code in detail, looking for
bad EOL marks in the metatag files, and finding nothing wrong, we re-installed
PHP4.0.6 and the problem went away.  Since we depend on this function for our scripts
for job postings, we'll need to remain with PHP4.0.6 for the time being.  Here is the
configure line that we used for both PHP4.1.0 and PHP4.0.6:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.x --with-openssl
--enable-track-vars --with-mm --with-pspell --enable-ftp --with-imap --with-imap-ssl
--enable-memory-limit --enable-inline-optimization --disable-debug --enable-safe-mode
--enable-magic-quotes

Additionally, we suspect that the imap related functions may be problematic with
4.1.0; however we have not been able to verify this as our priority was to get our
jobs page up and working again, with 4.0.6.

Regards,
David Lechnyr
Network Mgr, Human Resources
University of Oregon