[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>As you might already notice my RFC for session save handler module,
>>There is a issue how to deal with "undefined symbol" error for
>>rather usual configuration.
>>

> If a user wants to use the mod_pgsql session module, he must be very
> stupid not to enable sessions. BTW, about which undefined symbol are you
> talking here. Anyway... it doesn't matter that much if the module doesn't
> load. Just put it in the docs and hope somebody will read it :)

Hi Derick,

Thank you for your reply.
Here is a most common case that I can think of.

User compiles session and save hanlder with Apache SAPI,
but user compile CGI SAPI without session and user has
ini entry for loading save handler.

With current source, it ends up with runtime undefined
symbol error. And it will be true for other sub modules
if there is.

I'll address issue "preventing runtime undefined symbol error"
later, so don't worry :)

>>(Don't you think stupid, if Windows app dies at start up
>>and spits strange error message with rather usual usage.
>>Don't you think it is a design flaw? ;)
>>

> windows doesn't have such a great documentation as PHP has :)
>
> Derick

Yes.
However, both of us know well that users will submit bugs for
runtime undefined symbol error ;)

--
Yasuo Ohgaki