I'm sure it's leaking, it'll readily consume a gig of memory and shows no
signs of slowing down. I originally was calling phpinfo(), but it also leaks
equally if I just have the php handler serve a page with no php in it.

So, yes, it leaks that amount every request and it never frees.

The code as I mentioned is a copy of the NSAPI module (nearly identical),
and it basically does:

   if (php_request_startup(TSRMLS_C) == FAILURE) {
      return FAILURE;
   }

 php_execute_script(&file_handle TSRMLS_CC);
 php_request_shutdown(NULL);

Alex