ID: 14358
Updated by: sander
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Apache related
Operating System: win32 (2k/xp)
PHP Version: 4.0CVS-2001-12-06
New Comment:

Can't reproduce with 4.1.0 final on Windows 2000 with Apache 1.3.22 (PHP as module),
nor with a CVS build from 10 dec.

  hey guys... this has been a problem for me for a long time, and so i finally decided
either no one is using php4apache module on win32 because this problem is bad and it's
been in php4 for a long time.

  so tonight i decided to research it because i could really benefit from running as a
module and i don't want to leave apache.

  two similar bug_id's i found are 11093 & 14348 - they might be related, but the
cause they give is much different.

  all i can come up with is this

  if a script produces large numbers of output blocks, it will crash.

  i made a simple script that causes it for me everytime.  the script is large, so i
zipped it (1k) and it's available here.

  http://www.newnetwork.com/bigoutput.zip

  if i turn on implicit flushing, the script will execute ok -most- of the time.

  which is where i got my output blocks theory.  but it's theory... if i had more time
i would get into the source some more and offer some better advice.

  apache 1.3 module and apache2 filter both have the same problem.

  oh, and i compiled it all from CVS with msvc6.  i've been compiling my own php for a
while now without any problems - cgi version only.

  any ideas?  any other information you might want?

  -ben