From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: All
PHP version:      4.1.0
PHP Bug Type:     Feature/Change Request
Bug description:  GNU fmt-like linebreak algorithm as PHP function

Hi there,

I've been searching for a PHP implementation of the GNU textformatting tool
fmt (http://www.gnu.org/software/textutils/textutils.html) which provides
an almost optimal linebreak for your text.

It would be better to use than wordwrap() because it avoids breaking
sentences after the first word or leaving dangling ends (paragraphs with
only one word on the last line). The algorithm used by fmt is similar to
the one used by Tex/Latex (proposed by a paper of Knuth et al.) and thus
stands for optimal output quality.

My question is, if there's anyone who is interested in implementing this
for PHP, so that we can see it in one of the next releases?

I think, the function would be very useful to do some pretty reformatting
of text when for example sending mail or in general doing text formatted
output.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Dominik
--