Hi all,

I've downloaded the standard windows build of latest version of PHP
(4.1.0) and install it on my W2k Professionnal. I've tested the XML
support (with expat) and it works fine. I've activated the extension
xslt and try to transform an XML into HTML through XSLT API.

questions :
1) Should i rebuild from PHP source to get full XML/XSLT support or just
uncomment xslt extension and copy sablot, expat and iconv in sys32 do it
well ?
2) With this windows build (.tar.gz on php.net) when i use
xslt_set_encoding($xh,"UTF-8") for example, i get this :

"Warning: xslt_set_encoding() is not supported in this PHP build"

3) here is my problem : when i try to use xslt_process(...) i've got this :

Warning: Sablotron error on line 1: unknown encoding ''
reason = unknown encoding '' & error code = 62

(the last line use xslt_error et errno). It seems that sablotron is
called but find an error in the first line of my XSLT ! here it is :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

what's a joke ! [:)] I've checked that sablotron support some encoding
by default (even without iconv lib) and UTF-8, ISO-8859-1 are supported
by default.

Someone has succeeded to use XSLT extension in the standard windows
build of PHP 4.1.0 (.tar.gz) actually available on www.php.net ?

does xslt_set_encoding(...) works for you ?

if you have any ideas, i will be very happy to get feedback.

regards,

rashkatsa.