On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 07:14:32PM +0100, Daniel Lorch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I was wondering how i could use PHP to interpret scripts for my own apps
> > using php4ts.dll .... ?
>
> the best way to start is not the PHP sources. have a look at apaches
> DSO support (or the windows counterpart - the DLL files. there should
> be some notes on them in the same documentation):
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/docs/dso.html
>
> if you succeed to implement this interface, you will be able to
> include future PHP releases without touching the PHP sources.

Yes, but you could also interface with PHP's SAPI. PHP is interfaced
with say Apache using the code in sapi/apache. It might be better to
interface at this level.

BTW, BIND 9 has a simple database interface that I've used to write
an LDAP backend. I've toyed with the sick idea of having a PHP back-
end for BIND. Then you would run a PHP script on every DNS loookup.

Stig