Updated by: zak
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Operating System: all
PHP Version: 4.1.1
Assigned To: zak
New Comment:

As "Someone Who Shall Not Be Named Because They Are Also
On Vacation" has pointed out to me off list, it would be a
bad thing to have functions disappearing and reappearing
between versions. The function shall stay as is - please
adjust your scripts accordingly.

Thank you.

Assigning to myself

Hi Mike,

Unless one of the developers objects, I will add the alias
- however, if the change is made, it would not show up
'til the next release.

I would recommend that you modify your files anyway. It is
a small amount of work using gawk or vim. :)

Alternately, you can modify your local copy of PHP until
next release.

Add the following line to ext/standard/basic_functions.c:
  PHP_FALIAS(key_exists, array_key_exists, NULL)

The line should go after the line that looks like:
  PHP_FE(array_key_exists,        NULL)

Once you have made the change and saved, recompile PHP.

I have a very large PHP application running on my Linux web server that uses the 4.0.6
function key_exists. The problem is that I have 30 copies of this application running
on the server. If I upgrade my server to php 4.1.1, I will be forced to upgrade all 30
sites with a new version of my application where array_key_exists is used instead.
This is a HUGE undertaking.

Is there any way to put the key_exists alias back in so that PHP compatiblity is not
broken?

Thank you